Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving

Can you just take a look at what I am missing this year in Brooklyn!!!!
This was an email my Uncle Willy wrote. He likes to refer to himself in third person...

Samantha,

Uncle Willy is making corn on the cob and providing 2 pies (coconut and cherry)
Aunt Juliana is bring a turkey (to be cooked and 2 already-cooked hams
Aunt Betty is bring over shrimp scamp iand 2 pies (lemon meringue and blueberry).
Niece Mei-Ling is bringing over mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes
Uncle Eddy may be bringing over already-cooked turkey.
Niece Tricia is not sure what she is bring over.
No idea what Aunt Judy is bringing over.
Pau-pau is making the 3 racks large pork spare-ribs.
Uncle Henry always provides the chips, chip dips, beer and soda.
Aunt Laura is making turkey legs.
Haven't heard from your niece Judy.
Nephew Tony is bringing himself.
My friend Edgardo is coming over.
Ryan won't be here until Friday (we have to make sure we leave some leftovers for him).

This Thanksgiving will be very depressing. No Samantha!!!!!!
I'm contemplating a moment of silence for everyone in the middle of the day.
Uncle Willy


I second that motion for a moment of silence! It is most appropriate.
This is the second year I will be missing Turkey day. At least in Argentina I got to eat Turkey with mashed potatoes and stuffing. My friend, Paz, also made great cranberry sauce. Today I will have a French meal, compliments of Remi, an engineer from France working at KAI (Korean Airspace Industry) in Korea for the time being. He is hosting myself, a few Canadian girls, and perhaps someone from Spain will stop by for a drink later in the evening.

Wish me luck. I miss everyone and try to enjoy Thanksgiving without me. I know...I know... It's so difficult. But keep your heads up. Just keep giving me thanks even though I am not around :)

Love,
Samantha
(a letter within a letter, how Borgian!)

1 comment:

  1. jealous! Should've told me I might've went to Brooklyn in your place haha. I had one thing that wasn't on there though- sweet potato pie! mmmmmmmm

    - JB

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts and expressions please: