Sunday, November 1, 2009

Soccer

Sean Linford, you are so right. Soccer is so much fun. The Americans have it all wrong. This is not a "foot fairy" game. It's AMAZING! I got the opportunity to play with some other expats in the area; Kevin from New Castle, England, Mark from Northern England as well, John from Ireland, Oscar from Texas, a different John from Scotland, and Sinan from Turkey. Right when I got to the field, Kevin gave me a pair of cleats and said if they fit I can have them. They were a bit big, but I'll just wear two pairs of socks. Keep the presents coming!

Ladies and gents, this was my first organized game and I rocked, or so my teammates said. I had no idea what offsides meant nor that I had to throw the ball over my head, but my mistakes were quickly corrected and I was a good defender. Some of the players, Korean and non-Korean were so good. I wish I could move the ball like they did. My shining moment was when I used my head to stop a ball from going out of bounds that the opposing keeper kicked. It didn't hurt as bad as I thought. This is probably how Mario feels when he breaks the blocks with the question marks on them in Super Mario. For those non-Mario gamers, let me explain. Mario's most basic power-up doubles his size and grants him the strength to smash through blocks. It also allows him to survive a single enemy hit. THIS WAS ME! I never knew until today that I had this power inside of me.

Inside I wanted to say RAARRRR. On the outside I did a fist pump and said, "Oh thanks." to those who congratulated me on my power up. To all of you soccer haters, find the power-up within and get to a field.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts and expressions please: