Friday, November 6, 2009

I kissed a Korean baby...and I liked iiittt

Katy Perry thank you for your inspiration. After this, I wanted to sing and this song came up:

I kissed a Korean baby and I liked it
The taste of her baby formula
I kissed a Korean baby just to try it
I hope my boyfriend don't mind
It felt so wrong
It felt so right
Don't mean I'm in love tonight
I kissed a Korean baby and I liked it
I liked it

My goal was to hold a Korean baby. It was attained last night. I went to a teacher's house, Bae Hyo-jin. This was the same guy who wrote the email to me in my previous post "Messages from Fans." He picked me up from my school and invited me to meet his wife and baby girl. I thought my cousin Thomas was chunky when he was a baby (which he definitely was), but this little girl had the biggest cheeks I have ever seen. Since Koreans count the 9 months in the mothers stomach as 1 year, she is 1 year and 4 months. By western standards, she is just 4 months old. We were all sitting on the floor after dinner drinking strawberry smoothies and eating hard persimmons. Bae Hyo-jin's wife was feeding the baby and she farted. He pointed at his wife and said jokingly, "It was you, wasn't it? Get out." Everyone lauged, except for the baby of course, because she couldn't understand. She is a baby! Hyo-jin asked how to say fart in English, so I told him it was fart.

His wife put the baby in the crib and started one of those things that hangs above and spins while playing a song. It was funny because the song tune that was playing was "How much is that doggie in the window?". Do you guess remember this song? "How much is that doggie in the window? The one with the waggily tail. How much is that doggie in the window? I do hope that doggie's for sale." Look at how America is subliminally trying to cultivate everyone from infancy into English-speaking monsters! Just kidding...

We ordered food for dinner and Hyo-jin and his wife apologized for being rude. They said they should have had a meal prepared for me. I said, "You're so right. What's up with the poor hospitality? You pick me up from school and you are going to drive me to my house without a home-cooked meal in my tummy! My goodness if you think I am ever going to step foot in this lovely apartment with a clear view of the mountains and moon at night, SIR, you are sadly mistaken!" After that they understood that next time they better have cooked. I don't care that Hyo-jin's wife has to tend to the baby and clean the house. She should have a pipping hot meal on the table. Korean people are so barbaric! :)

I was sleepy, so I ordered Hyo-jin to drive me home. His loving wife gave me rice that was freshly harvested by her parents. Their gift appeased my hostile nature after my poor treatment at their home. I'm going to try to meet with them next week. I want to make some red-bean soup for them and show them how it should be done.

*disclaimer: I hope no one takes me seriously! If they do that's hilarious.

1 comment:

Share your thoughts and expressions please: