Sunday, November 1, 2009

The scary side of technology


Before I went to bed last night, I was going through the ridiculous things in my head and I can't believe I forgot this one. At the French restaurant I went to with a few expats at one point in the meal I excused myself to go to the bathroom. I get in there and I see that there are buttons next to the toilet seat. My curious nature got the best of me. I started to push them. The first push revealed nothing interesting. Then I saw a button that looked like a butt. Nebi told me in Japan they have toilet seats that you can adjust the temperature. I figured that Korea started to adopt this too in order to create a more relaxing atmosphere when you pee or ... Makes sense right? People can spend a good amount of time in the bathroom.

Well, I wanted to be up on the cutting edge technology so I pushed the button with the butt on it. OH MY GOODNESS! Water shot right up. I got so scared I jumped up and the water still kept squirting. First I was holding the walls for leverage to get out of the line of fire. Then, I was pushing other buttons in dire hope that I would find the off switch. Finally, I found the right one and exhaled with relief. When I looked up my mouth opened. I saw that the entire door in front of me was wet and then I looked down. The back of my pants were wet too! I wiped the door down so the next user wouldn't be shocked. Of course there was no automatic hand dryer. I had to do what 11-13 year old middle school girls have to do when they first get their period in class; tie my sweatshirt around my waist.

I don't think anyone noticed. My pants dried in time before we had to leave. Whew close one! I wish you could have seen the door.

2 comments:

  1. what? never used a bidet before? I'm shocked! Your aunts would love this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is from my friend Kenny:
    1) Google has toilets that warm your butt and wash your butt. I too..jumped up and fell forward. Really awkward fail.

    2) I too, would like a good wife.

    3) Why am I not surprised that your head is your main weapon in soccer?

    4) I have officially incorporated Nori-banging into my vocabulary. What..a good phrase

    hahahaha take care and keep writing sammy
    here's my blog btw.
    http://saveaschoolkvilla.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts and expressions please: