Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Size does matter!

If you visit Korea, bring your own towel. The blue towel is the one that was given to me. It's supposed to be a shower towel. And yes, if you were wondering what that tiny object was on top of my shirt, it is an iron. Nevertheless, it is a steam iron. I have yet to use it for fear of the length of time it will take to do one shirt. I'll let you know how it goes in the near future.

A few other quirky and interesting things I have noticed about the Korean people is that they brush their teeth after lunch. It doesn't sound that weird, but seeing all of the tooth brushes and cups in the school bathroom threw me for a loop. I just rinse my mouth with water and call it a day after lunch. I don't know what they think.

And ladies, although this may not look like a toilet you want to use, it less strain on the legs! Most of us are taught to squat above the toilet in public places. What I have found from doing that besides stronger thigh muscles is that it is uncomfortable. Having the toilet on the floor is actually not that bad. Admittedly though, I still opt for the regular toilet. I guess habit has gotten the best of me.

The last image I wanted to leave you with is not a spoof on the phone company commercials about raising the bar. I just wanted to leave you with this image and say, size does matter. Which product is from the US? Any guess as to why more Americans are obese and have the highest rates of Type II diabetes than any other country in the world?

Ah, the land of mass and over-consumption. Gotta love it.


1 comment:

  1. Sooooo....does this mean you want us to send you towels? I hope you brought enough undies. I'm sure you'll be looking in the PLUS size dept. in korea if you didn't..hahaha miss ya!!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts and expressions please: