Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Teaching at my tennis coach's house

Every time I come back to my apartment my bag is heavier than when I set out. I was burdened with sweet potatoes and persimmons. These people want me to have back and shoulder problems, I swear. They don't understand how hard it is for me to take their food and carry it back. I just have to put my foot down next time. Enough is enough. (I write this as my stomach is more than satisfied after eating some of the persimmons and half of a sweet potato. The two different types of sweets go rather well together, not to mention the harmony of hot and cold. mmm) Like I was saying...enough is enough sometimes.

As soon as the door opened to Kim Kyu-min's apartment, both of his kids said "Hi!" with a nice little wave. Then I had a shooting match with them. I wasn't strapped this evening with my usual nine piece for all 'dem suckas in the streets. Instead, I had to settle with my hand gun-- my two fingers pointed straight out with the rest of my fingers linked together (it reduces the kick back this way for those who are unfamiliar with the different hand guns). First I shot Gab-in. Then, Dae-hyun. Both were on the ground, but my shots only wounded them. Those little ones were fierce I tell ya. They got to their feet despite their wounds; they really had heart.

Then Dae-hyun switched to the killer weapon--an English/Korean picture dictionary. I was in for it. I didn't know how tricky these kids were. I had to lay down my weapon. I unfolded my hands and sat down at the kitchen table, while Dae-hyun went through the entire dictionary and shouted at me the words he knew in English. 'Blue! Red! Airplane! Fox! Three! Sweet Potato (with help from his dad)! ... and it went on like this the entire time. Like I said, I was a gonner.

Next time I won't be unprepared! moo hahahahahahhaah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts and expressions please: