Monday, December 7, 2009

Something American: Brunch

mmm mmm mmm. Last Saturday I experienced a lovely brunch. We had potatoes, eggs, pancakes with real Canadian maple syrup, fresh fruit, honey, and pink gold (bacon). The Frenchies brought a few baguettes (of course) and the fruit. I brought the potatoes, Amy brought some eggs, and Brigitte, the host, made the pancakes and had the syrup shipped to her from Canada.

All seven of us sat on the floor since we had no seats. We had to
borrow spoons from the Korean guy next door. We invited him to eat with us, but he declined and said he had to watch his TV program. I guess if I saw a French guy in white pants in the winter, I would decline too. A fashion faux-pau if you ask me (haha I'm not even sure I spelled that right).

We had our fill with good food and were surrounded by good people. While Brigitte and I were cooking, the rest played charades. One of the things someone had to act out was Charlie Chaplin's kangaroo pouch. And that was for Remi, whose second language is English! We are so cruel. Then also got in a game of home-made taboo. Taboo made me think of home and whipping peoples' asses when I played with my cousin.

By the end everyone was sleepy so we tried nap time and it came out like this...

1 comment:

Share your thoughts and expressions please: