Sunday, October 25, 2009

So I lied (sort of)


My first night in my apartment was what I wrote about. My first night in South Korea I stayed in what you call a "Love Motel" in Jinhae, which is close to the Gimhae airport in Pusan.


It was actually a lovely place. The biggest room I have been in for a motel or hotel for that matter. It was 25,000 won a night without internet. When I gave my credit card to the woman at the check-in counter. She was so impressed that I wrote my name in Hanguel or Korean that she peeped out of the window at me. I felt like a celebrity! haha. I go to the room and put my bags in and then some random woman walking around the hall with a bathrobe just comes right into my room and hands me a little boxed drink. I said
Komopseumnida, which is thank you and motioned toward the door. It was a nice gesture, but I just wanted to get some rest! Man.



I walked outside the next morning around 10 am, a Sunday, and it was dead. So to amuse myself I decided to play the crane game. There were so many to choose from that I walked around for 20 minutes only to end up at the one next to my motel. Go figure. I guess we all are looking for something familiar sometimes in an unfamiliar world. It just so happened that it was the RAINBOW crane game that caught my attention.

Monday at 1pm I packed my bags and dropped my key off and was told to wait on the corner where Eunkyung was going to pick me up with Marilyn, the CEO of World English Service. These were the two women that helped me get into the schools that I am teaching in. So again, I found myself on a corner, waiting, watching, and looking around. But to backtrack just a bit, I told you before how great I thought the motel was. It was only when I grabbed my coat from the hook did I notice a relatively large smear on the wall. Guess what color it was? Well it wasn't blue, black, green, grey, or orange. It was red! I'll go so far as to say it looked like Blood Red and it didn't look like a lipstick trail... Maybe that's why it was 25,000 won or $25 a night.

At least I got to jack someone's wifi. To me, it was all worth it :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts and expressions please: