Friday, October 23, 2009

My First Night

So let me say that my friend's know me best. This is what my friend Amara emailed me after hearing that I arrived safely.

Amara: "I miss you already. Just the thought of you being in another country makes me sad, regardless of how often i talk/see you. Sounds like you got a great deal on the room and the internet. I hope you are still not on the computer playing anime games or something. So how has it been? I'm assuming since you sent this 2 days ago that you have hopefully ventured out of your room. I don't think you can last more than a few hours without food of some sort hah. How is it?"

BAM! right there. Food made me explore after getting settled in my apartment.



Amara, I did have to venture out. So I walked the streets alone. I felt like I was inside a crazy arcade. There were lights everywhere, but some sketchy looking streets. So of course, I went down the sketchy streets. I wanted to enter one restaurant that had all men in it just to see the looks on their faces, but my tummy didn't want to take the chance. So I walked into a place and lo and behold I was in a sushi spot. I saw beauty; sushi on a conveyor belt that went around the U-shaped sushi bar. I sat down by my lonesome and I was given salad and miso soup with no spoon. After surveying the scene I saw that it was acceptable to simple drink it as if it were tea. Then the frenzi began. Oh! Hamachi, Oh! California roll, EW crunchy mayonnaised encrusted thing (but it looked so good). Different colored plates brought different flavors to my palate. It was a sapid experience. I was waiting for the bill, but realized I had to go to the counter. It was only when I got up did the cash register person go over to my spot to count the number of plates I consumed and what color they were. It came out to 9,600 won. About $9.40. MMM

With no hot water or gas in my apartment, I had to find solace somewhere. And it was in food. I know Korea has a place for me.

2 comments:

  1. Please post as frequently as possible! I love living vicariously through others' traveling experiences, especially these little details that you're posting. Its the little details in your travels - like not knowing how to drink your soup or get the check - that make it really awesome and fun.

    Which I hope you have lots of!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's not YOU in a suit...in the city! To capture an animated scenario....You need to have someone take a few pictures of you waiting at the bus stop (sucking on a lollipop), one with a car rolling up, and one with you getting into the car with a smile on your face...

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts and expressions please: