Monday, June 21, 2010

Girlish Charm

I mean what are you supposed to do when you see two Korean guys on a jet ski but say, "HELLO". Luckily, the two of us were the perfect amount of people for the two jet skis ;)

"Christina...look over there. What do you think?"
"Looks like we have to go over."
"Yea...you're right. Let's go"

Now, I didn't think we had to pretend we were drowning, but I thought it would add a nice spin to what we were attempting to do. Arms floundering and Christina's screaming did the job. You should have seen the looks on these guys' faces. Before "rescuing" us, we saw both of them light up their cigarettes on their jet skis in the middle of the water!! Korean men love their cigarettes.

When they motored near us we spoke English in really loud voices. Then I switched to the little Korean that I know, "같이 가요" gatchi gayo, or together let's go. I saw them nod. Yes!! we're in.

I hopped on the back. There's no more talking at this point. It's just the sound of the engine. HOLY SHIT! We jetted off so fast. I couldn't stop laughing and screaming simultaneously. My chauffeur (that's right, I called him my chauffeur) was also laughing. He first went around in a circle a few times then created a multitude of waves. After that, he went perpendicular to all the waves he created. We got some serious height. I wasn't sure if he was trying to actually fling me off the back or if he was going fast to have me hold tighter. I leave trying to figure that out up to you guys.

Some of the other foreigners (French, German, American) we traveled with were still at the beach. I caught a few of them standing up and I'm sure they were jealous! Mission accomplished. Well both missions... It wasn't just about the jet ski ride, it was about looking cool in front of everyone else. haha.

I can't lie. I had to use my girlish charm.

1 comment:

Share your thoughts and expressions please: