Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Love Motels


Did I get the cream of the crop or what? This is one of the love motels in Korea. Usually people call any motel a love motel. I was in Busan one night and ended up staying later than I thought and needed a place to sleep. The next bus wasn't until 6 am.


I walked around the area I was in and chose the first motel I saw. I got a toothbrush and a razor when I checked in. When I stepped into my room, I jumped for joy. My first heart shaped bed! Well the mirror was heart shaped and the light shade (crazy right!). The actual bed was round, but who cares about those minor details. I had an assortment of hair products and lotions to choose from. The bathroom was also stocked with shampoo and conditioner. I'm not talking about the little packets they give you. They had Costco-sized bottles. The real deal. The idea is that everyone shares. They may wear masks when they are sick, but it's ok to share lotion and shampoo that has been used by other people I never met.

I never thought I could go to a motel and come out looking better than when I came in. The bed is not soft. It's hard with a really thin white mat. It's like your sleeping on the floor. But how could you sleep when you can stare at yourself in the cool heart shaped mirror?
Oh, and did I mention what you could purchase for a mere $10? Take a look.

2 comments:

Share your thoughts and expressions please: