Friday, June 10, 2011

Sneaking out of the hospital


So I got hit by a taxi while riding my bike...I'm in the hospital overnight for a time undetermined at the moment so I have to amuse myself somehow, right?

Luckily, Sacheon is small and it is very convenient to stop by the hospital, which is right near the intercity bus terminal. Yuri and Seb came to my room and had dinner with me; an assortment of friend chicken, noodles, and fried rice. MMMmmm. I wanted to get outside so we decided to take a walk. I undressed from my flashy hospital attire. And since there was no one on watch we slipped out the back door.

Just as we came out we see other friends eating dinner (Sacheon is really small and foreigners really stand out). I told them I'd be back. I walked to a motel to check out a room with a jacuzzi inside. It's only 55,000won a night! Jacuzzi with a TV in the bathroom, a huge bed with another huge big screen TV to match and hilarious people on the walls dressed as if they were going to a masquerade ball. Realizing I couldn't actually spend the night outside of the hospital, I left the motel to wander back to the restaurant right next to my "hotelospital".

My friends were still there eating and drinking makkolli to excess (since it was homemade). I chitchatted and ate some food. We finished around 11pm and I wanted to show them my humble abode in the "hotelospital".

We snuck up the stairs where I slipped out previously only to find it locked! The panic I felt. I had to hobble down the stairs again to find the front door also locked! SHIT. Am I going to have to call the hospital to tell them to let me in? Then I saw an elevator. #2 here we come. I thought I had been successful, only to find that the entrance from the elevator was barred. The nurse had to open it with her key. Hoping she didn't notice me, the patient, among the pack of other foreigners I darted for my room, 200.

No one noticed....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts and expressions please: