Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Shanghai..no hotel...no problem

Waiting to get a one day visa for Shanghai...

-"Alright, it was nice speaking with you. I have to go find a hotel now. I didn't book one before coming to Shanghai."
-"What? Wait, maybe I can help."
-"Ok. I'll wait."

The next thing I know two Korean girls, about 13 years old, are jumping around me.
-"Do you mind staying with them?"
-"Uh, no that's fine."

One hour later...(after a bus ride with a 15 person Korean tour group)

I'm unpacking a few things in the hotel and trying to make small talk with two 13-year old Korean girls who don't know how to react to a random stranger is sleeping in the same room with them. I get it, to them this was strange. To me, this was the perfect way to jump back into my Korean-ness.

Welcome back to Korea Sam!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts and expressions please: